Much is said about mindset but I do wonder how much is understood. If I ask you if you have a money mindset, I suspect you will initially give a resounding yes and then you might start to feel less certain.
Is having a money mindset an assured path to making money?
Before we get to the answer to this question let’s talk money.
It’s something we desire and need.
We work to earn, even if we are in our gift zone and it doesn’t feel like work. You can’t live on passion and air alone. Passion and air won’t pay the bills, never will, even if you secretly harbour a utopian outlook of a no money world.
I am not sorry to say, this just isn’t going to happen. People have this outlook and distorted vision when they don’t understand the energy of money…!
Money is a means of exchange based on value and appreciation…without money as you know it there will simply be another means of exchange and the energy will be the same. The ‘thing’ used for exchange is not where people’s difficulties are although money does get bad press, as for so many there still remains even as a trace thought, that money is the root of all evil and unspiritual. None of that is true and is in fact an illusion that keeps the truth of the matter hidden that there is a lack of understanding about the energy of money.
Yet you won’t be able to understand the energy of money if you don’t have a mindset for money.
Money is material manifestation of energy, so a money mindset isn’t an obsessive love for money and spending it recklessly because the fear is if you don’t that means you are in lack. That isn’t balance. It is however about understanding the energy of money and what influences and impacts on it. More specifically, what influences and impacts on how you call in money as a direct result from your creation, your energy, your thoughts, behaviours and actions!
What is a money mindset?
A mindset is an attitude. An attitude can lead to an aptitude. So that we are all clear, an aptitude is like having a leaning towards something. With a money mindset you are likely to have a leaning towards making money, well at least attracting and manifesting it.
How can you foster a money mindset?
- Start with the truth…do you feel you can call in money to thrive as you need and desire into your life through business and/or other means? If the answer is no, or not always or I can but there seems to be a ceiling, then the truth for you would be to recognise that. Not judge it, just see it for what it is and then you can make a choice to change it. Perhaps it is an inner knowing, like a drum beating telling you that there is more. The truth is about claiming the reality of your money story now!
- Be prepared to study the energy of money and get rid of the shame about studying, learning and growing your own money. If you want to increase your role as a nutritionist or personal trainer, making a decision about training or studying is a no-brainer…well if you want to understand your relationship with money and how to work with the energy behind the green stuff then it is the same no-brainer. Well at least it would be beneficial to your money story if you started to let yourself think and believe that.
- Start to act and live in alignment with being wealthy, that is how to foster a wealth consciousness mindset. That doesn’t mean be reckless with money but it means:
- Stop worrying
- Trust money is flowing to you
- Make business and life decisions based on abundance
- Give yourself permission to be supported. As a woman that does mean stop thinking you need to do everything for everyone before you. Let others in and invest in YOU, especially if you have a business where you want people to spend money on you, or a career that you want to go up the metaphoric career ladder on. If you don’t let yourself be supported when you feel and identify it you are impacting negatively on your wealth consciousness. Somewhere the energy of I am not worth it is playing out.
- One of the best tools I recommend for people to start working with to change their money story and to get a money mindset are affirmations. Affirmations really are magic wands. What you say and think does define and create your reality after all.
In my next article I am going to share more about affirmations and in particular money affirmations. For now I would love for you to share in the comments below at least one thing you are going to do differently to shape your money mindset into a healthy one. Of course if you love this article, do share it too.
A money mindset is needed so you can call in the money you need, so don’t delay in implementing what I have shared above. If you want to talk about changing your money story then be sure to reach out and let’s get talking!