Organic mushroom, ham and tomato soup
Everyone knows that organic is best, but it is especially important with mushrooms as they absorb and concentrate whatever they are grown in. What is also interesting about mushrooms is they have developed strong antibiotics which are effective for humans too.
One of the worlds healthiest foods, some of the many benefits include antioxidants, improved bone and heart health.
- Large punnet of organic mushrooms or 2 small punnets, sliced into thick slices.
- 10 fresh organic tomatoes
- 3 small ham hocks
- Oil and seasoning
- 600 ml organic chicken stock
- Heat oven to 250c
- Place tomatoes in a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat some olive oil in a deep pan and add the mushroom, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the hocks to the same pan and brown the hocks add the chicken stock bring to a boil and then simmer.
- After the tomatoes are roasted, core, peel de- seed and chop the tomatoes into chunks and add to the stock.
- Simmer for 3 hours until ham is soft and almost falling off the bone. season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pull ham off the bone and chop into mouth size chunks.
- Allow to cool completely and skim off any fat.
- It is then ready to re-heat and serve or portion up and freeze.